CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Five Guys and Load Day 2

Yesterday was my first load day on my very first round of HCG. It didn't go as well as I had hoped because I had to work and attend my niece's birthday party (she turned one!). I got off work at 9:30am and made it home 15 minutes later. I did my first weigh in and measurements (with the help of my wonderful Hubs!). He had made bacon, so I was able to eat some while he got my first injection ready. Then he injected the HCG (after a few minutes so it wouldn't be too cold, lol) into my bum. It took him a few tries because I think he was afraid of hitting a nerve- today was much better, he just went for it.

From that point on things got hectic. My brother Mike called and asked if we could take a few of his kids in our car to my niece Fiona's birthday party. We still had to get her present, so that meant leaving a lot earlier than we had planned on. And it was freaking hot yesterday! I tossed down some mini quiche while getting ready for the party and made sure I drank a lot of water.

We got to the party which was outdoors at a park a little after 1pm. The food wasn't all that great though. Hamburgers and hotdogs, but they weren't particularly tasty. Plus I have trouble eating when it's hot outside. I had a great time hanging with the family, but I really didn't eat much and only had a few bits of the birthday cake. I would have much preferred the party be at Chuck E Cheese or something, but it was fun.

By the time we dropped of my niece Sam at home (after a brief panic because my brother Mike thought one of his son's was with us, but it turned out Devin was just down by the lake), and made it to our home it was almost 5pm. I had just over half an hour to gorge before work. I made the mistake of eating 2 slices of cheesecake and downing to very large glasses of whole organic milk. I felt horrible! I was already over tired, over heated and not feeling great. Still, it was lots of fat and calories.

On the way to work it began to storm, which made me feel better, but it took several hours before I felt like eating again. At work I ate macadamia nuts and a couple slices of Papa John's pizza that we had left over from the other day. And drank lots and lots of water! The Hubs had brownies waiting for me when I got home, and I drank another glass of milk. Despite being tired I had a little trouble falling asleep.

I have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. Despite the fact I'm on the pill, my TOM can come and go at will. It's much better than it used to be, last year TOM would stay the better part of the month, and sometimes he was quite... enthusiastic in his duties. The thing is I don't always truly ovulate during TOM's visit. Yesterday TOM made an appearance. I was freaking out about it, because it's hard to predict how TOM's visit is going to go, but I've made peace with it. I will take a break if TOM is heavy, but otherwise I'm going to ignore him. I'm really hoping that my first round weight loss will help resolve some of my TOM issues, as a 10% weight loss can help with PcOS. It does explain why I was such a wench yesterday afternoon (I thought it was just the heat!).



Anyways, things are calmer today. I'm not working tonight, so I can take the time to slowly load all day. I had a weight gain this morning of 2.5, which is good, but I know I can do better! And I'm totally having Five Guys for dinner.


1 comments:

Meli said...

Weight loss will help you with the pcos. I didn't notice a huge difference when on HCG as far as bleeding but after losing weight it did seem to become more regular. I'm excited for you! First round! You seemed to do well on the loading day. It seems any and all fats count towards the loading! :) Enjoy tomorrow.