CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pounds and Inches Lost!


Yesterday was a great day! I felt better, less hunger, less cravings and more energy. Yesterday was my 4th day of VLCD and on any other diet this would probably be the day I cheat just a bit. And I had the opportunity when I took a grocery trip to Wally World, all my usual cheats were there, waiting to re-connect with me. But I avoided eye contact, ashamed and completely over our secretive and clandestine past relations. Well, mostly over. I still think about them now and then.

I also bought some b-12 which I've been told helps with energy. I should have gotten it earlier in the week when I really needed it because my energy seems to be returning now. I feel so much better than I thought I would! Thursday was a low point for me, I was exhausted and I had worked all day surrounded by temptation, and crashed when I got home. Waking up to a loss helped me feel better about the day, and I vowed to myself to stop being such a cry baby. Isn't it better to give up my favorite junk foods through my own choice instead of waiting for diabetes or something worse to force me to change my ways?

Today is Saturday and I woke up to 2.4 loss, which had me smiling! The Hubs helped me measure my first load day, so we measured again and I'm down 7.5 inches total. I'm down almost 10 pounds since Tuesday! And I've been making the Hubs give me shots, but today I did it myself. I don't have a fear of needles but it is seriously weird to inject myself. But I'm betting my simple, painless injection in my fat ass thigh is a lot easier than shooting up meth, which was beginning to look mighty tempting as a weight loss method. Well, except for the cost, addiction, illegality, craziness, jerky movements and tooth loss...

I think I might try to vlog today too. I just feel so much better, I was really beginning to think I might not be able to do this, but I'm over that bump. I'm so happy, and I really feel healthier. I'm not drinking soda, not eating crap which means I'm not getting the acid reflux I had on my loading days. I think the miracle of HCG is that it gets you to eat healthy by giving you quick results. Would it have been as easy without HCG? Eating healthy for five days I might have lost a pound or two, which in the past hasn't been enough incentive to stay away from the crappy foods I love. I know I have a long, long way to go. But I really believe I can make it there, with the support of my husband, my friends, all of you, and HCG, I'm really on my way to a thinner, healthier me!


2 comments:

K said...

Amazing progress - you are doing so well. I completely relate to the Walmart trip. About 8 or 9 years ago, my favourite indulgence was chocolate covered almonds. I would buy a full family sized bag and eat almost the whole thing at night watching TV and then a small amount for the morning and when I woke up couldn't wait to stuff my face with what was left in the bag and wishing there were more left. I stopped doing that about 5 years ago but my weight never went down much below 240. Now when I shop at Walmart I completely avoid the chocolate aisle.

You're right - the rapid weight loss on this diet is a major motivator in keeping away from the crap. Then in time it gets easier because it becomes a habit. The risk of binges is still there but it's diminshed a lot.

Keep up the great work!!

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Kathryn! I loled about the chocolate almonds, just one of my many preferred snacks too. I used to always indulge myself because I kept saying, "I need to finish this because starting such and such day I'm going to start eating healthy" but that day kept getting pushed away, or I'd find an excuse to give myself to backslide. Hcg is slowly changing all of that!