CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Here We Go Again! Round 2, baby!


This is pretty much how my loading days went!

Despite the fact that I feel like hurling after my 2 day food fest, otherwise known as loading days, I'm excited to start my first VLCD of Round 2. Actually, I'm mostly excited that I don't have to force another morsel into my overstuffed body. I was stuffing in food until 1am this morning, and I have the acid reflux and overall bloated feeling to prove it.

I loaded well, I really did. I ate almost constantly and mostly stuck to fats (although I love me some carbs and starches so they had to come to the party too). I was a bit weirded out to have only gained .6 after the first day but I realize that it was probably because my body had stabilized so well. When I kept gorging the second day my body realized that it was time to pack on the pounds. Overall I'm up 4 pounds, which is good. I know, it's strange to be happy about a gain, but I'm hoping it means I feel better this round than last round.

So what did I eat? I ate pork rinds, cheese, macadamia nuts, ice cream- lots of ice cream, loaded potato skins, a slice of unbelievably good white chocolate cheese cake from TGIF, maple bacon, mini quiches- a lot of them, burger and hotdog and fries from Five Guys, and some cheese cracker thingys from Pepperidge Farms. I ate a lot. I gorged. I feel like crap, but some of it was actually fun to eat- some of it felt like a chore to chow down on. Other than the ice cream and cheesecake I stayed away from sugars, and I've kept my self imposed ban on soda. I still miss Coke from time to time, but it's more like the way I occasionally wonder what old friends are up to - you know, the ones I can't track down on Facebook.

For those of you not friends of mine on Facebook, my HCG account name is Kathleen Hcg. The reason I mention this is because I've mentioned that I've joined a Facebook Hcg Challenge. Truth is, I've joined two. BaldFatMan Hcgfixesthat started a group to get a bunch of people doing a round at the same time, and then there's the 25 Pound Rockstar Challenge hosted by three lovely hcg ladies. Mostly I'm doing the Rockstar challenge because most people doing that loaded this weekend. Normally weekends suck for me since I work so much on Saturdays, but I was still on vacation this weekend so other than a few hours last night, I didn't have to work at all. Now if you're close to starting a round, there's still time to join either or both groups- there are some people starting a week late in Rockstars and I know there's several Labor Day Weekend loaders out there as well.

The more support you have in your Hcg journey the better chance of your success. I know I am blessed to have a wonderfully supportive (and super sexy) husband to help me out. I have great friends like Ame, who is my Hcg hero, and now our friend Courtney to cheer me on. Ame has worn down Courtney's resistance and the two of them will be starting a round in November. I could not be happier! It'll be awesome when our Terrific Trio are all thin together! And now I get to start my Round 2 with lots of Facebook friends releasing along with me. And even those not currently doing P2 are cheering us along. I had such a good first round that I admit, round 2 has me a little nervous. 23 days seemed to go pretty quickly, 40 days (actually 46 with the skip days counted) might not fly by so fast. But I'm hoping to be in my 240's by the end of it! Okay, actually I'm secretly hoping to be 239 at the end, but let's keep that a secret.

If you're not already my friend on Facebook feel free to add me! If you're on the Hcg journey but don't have an Hcg facebook account then you need to start one! You don't have to have a separate account, but a lot of us prefer to keep our Hcg family separate from our non-Hcg family. It's all about finding support and people who are going through the process with us. I love my Hcg family. Now off to drink some black coffee- oh, milk, I will miss you most of all- and my morning dose of Hcg!

2 comments:

helderheid said...

Love that picture! LOL! Totally how I feel after load days!

Good luck! I look forward to watching your continued transformation! Here's to 239!

lavenderdiva said...

Kathleen!!! You're back!! I've missed you- Come on 239!!